The Italian Chamber of Commerce in New Zealand (ICCNZ; ), with the local support of Christchurch Dante Society, and The Colombo will host an Italian-themed evening, called “Ciao Italia”, showcasing: Italian imports of any kind (with retail sales), Italian institutions operating in New Zealand, New Zealand based Italian producers and professionals, activities in term of Italian language and culture. The date has been chosen to coincide with the opening night of the Cinema Italiano Festival, held at the Academy Gold Cinema, in The Colombo.
The Venue, Date, Time etc.
The Colombo, 363 Colombo St, Christchurch.
Date & Time: Wednesday the 14th of June 2017, from 6:00 pm until 9:30 pm Time allowed to set up the Exhibitors’ stands 5:30 pm until 6:00 pm. Large free parking space available.
The Colombo is a small, upmarket, European-style, boutique Mall, within which there is the Academy Gold Cinema, where the Cinema Italiano Festival will run from the 14th to the 25th of June. The Colombo has embraced the idea, and will run an Italian theme throughout the month of June with special displays and offers.
Presented as “Showcasing Italian fun, food and fanfare”, this will be the first ever Italian festival in Christchurch, for which we expect great interest.
“Fun” covers the entertainment part of the evening: music, singing, fashion, and possibly a tarantella group.
“Food” covers all the wonderful imports that are now available, as well as the produce made by Italians locally. It will be possible to sell food to be consumed there (but no cooking). Each exhibitor will be responsible for abiding by the current legislation. Each exhibitor wanting to sell wine will need to receive a licence from the Christchurch City Council (details available on demand – timing essential).
“Fanfare” covers the promotion of everything Italian in New Zealand: institutions, professionals, importers of non-food items, arts, and of course Italian language and culture.
Visitors & Promotion.
Members of the Dante Society (Dante mail list and Dante FB page). Italian Chamber of Commerce in NZ (ICCNZ) members, friends and data base People on The Colombo mail list (about 600 addresses) Italians in Christchurch (FB page) People interested in the Italian Film Festival (adv in the festival booklets: a full A5 page on the 20,000 copies distributed in 6 centres in New Zealand; over 3000 copies distributed in Christchurch) The general public (from any mention/interviews/feature articles on newspapers) The website of Ciao Italia: www.ciaoitalianz.com.
Ciao Italia will be perceived as a snappy, not-to-be-missed event. Although it will be of short duration, it’s important that it starts with a solid participation, so that it can attract sponsors now and in the future. Members and friends of the ICCNZ, as well as non-members, are warmly invited to indicate their sign of interest as soon as possible. Given the limited space available, exhibitors will be accepted on a basis of first arrived - first served.” More details on the Registration Form.
- Exhibitors will be accepted on the basis of first-arrived-first-served.
- Exhibitors must choose one of the following 4 categories where they want to be included: food & wine (*); fashion & accessories; building & design; institutions & arts.
- Fees: retailers: $60+GST; non retailers: $30 +GST; Institutions: free of charge. You are welcome as sponsor with recognition in the website page dedicated to sponsors, please contact us for formalizing your application.
- Exhibitors will be allocated their tables by the organization.
- Exhibitors must inform if they intend to be bringing their own stand or other necessities. The organizers reserve the right to veto items deemed hazardous or not fitting with the space and the style of the event.
- Each exhibitor has a duty of care for the furniture provided; lost or damaged property of each exhibitor can have its own commercial insurance.
- Exhibitors must leave their area tidy, and take their garbage with them.
- Exhibitors must provide their logo at its highest definition, and a one-line description of their business. All info provided will be used for promotional purposes at the discretion of the organizers. - Exhibitors should make their electronic payment to the ICCNZ, referenced with CiaoItalia and their Business Name. Account Name: The Italian Chamber of Commerce in NZ Incorporated Account Number: 389006058007800. (*) All exhibitors bringing alcohol to the event will need to get a special licence from the Christchurch City Council, to be received (presented or posted - not via internet) at least 20 working days prior to the event. The appropriate form can be downloaded here: http://www.ccc.govt.nz/assets/Documents/Consents-and-Licences/business-licences-and-consents/Alcohol/SpecialLicence.pdf The form needs to be signed also by The Colombo’s owner. Partially filled forms can be emailed on request.
For further information contact for the ICCNZ: Mr. Gianfranco Ugazzi Mob. 027 205 6877 email@example.com For Dante Alighieri Christchurch Society: Wilma Laryn: firstname.lastname@example.org Mob. 027 2738 666.